Monday, October 29, 2012

"Little Red Porch"



Now some of you may be thinking you've reached the wrong site. After all what does a little red porch have to do with Art and Soul creations. Well, when I asked Pam what the name of her business was, and if there was any significance to that name she replied, ".The name "Little Red Porch" is simply what it is. It is one of my favorite places to be."
.




.I make handmade signs, ornaments, knitted wool items and baby gifts.  Anything that evokes an emotion from me within my ability, I will attempt.  I have to love something or the idea of something before I will attempt it.

.



I recently learned to knit and I have found it to be a great way to pass time on the porch and make little lovelies for sweet babies.  I always use 100% wool and love it for its heirloom qualities. 







Another thing that struck me was Pam's answer to where she finds her materials. This is her answer, "I also have a great resource for my signs...my dad can't throw anything away and he has a whole collection of supplies waiting for me in his barn.  Most of his supplies are collected for the purpose to be resold and the proceeds given to missions, so any portion of signs that I sell I give him a portion for his mission fund."



.






One additional note is that Pam does special orders throughout the year.

In the meantime, if you'd like to see her items in person stop by the Art and Soul Sale on Saturday, November 17 at Chapman's (corner of 3rd and Hwy446), from 10-3. See you there!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment