Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sharon Porter Tables aka Starfire Productions

When asked to share a bit about her creations here is what Sharon had to say:

 I started making these tables when I found a beautiful old table at the Goodwill which had a ruined top. I discovered that there were many quality pieces of furniture around that had been scarred by water rings, cigarette burns, scratches and hard use. Doing glass tops gave them new life.

The glass comes from broken bottles, dishes, old candle luminaries, friends and the scraps from real glass artists. I also do picture frames and mirrors. I'm working on a plant stand right now that was inspired by God's sunset on Oct 21 just a few days ago. 

My favorite themes are good and evil, light and darkness. I find inspiration in biblical themes, combinations of color that surprise me, and in unusual designs in the furniture itself. My favorite is a three tiered table in my living-room which took ages to do because the top rotates and the design continues (when open) through all three tops.

The tables, grout and tiles come from the recycling center, Restore, and many garage sales. I am just starting to sell because I need to make room to do more!

My business is Starfire Productions which encompasses my work as a director/producer, catering, and now my new endeavor, Misguide Bus Tours of Bloomington which is a comedy bus tour. This should be up and running by Christmas.





Sharon's creations will be for sale at Art and Soul Sale, on Saturday, November 17 from 10 -3. Come visit her booth and see what other things she has created!

No comments:

Post a Comment