Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bella Luce

I would like to introduce LeAnn Luce of Bella Luce. Here is what she has to share about her business.

"Bella Luce means beautiful light, and because my name is LeAnn Ernst Luce I thought it would be a nice tribute to my artistic gift that God has given me. I consider myself and Artist and Purveyor of Whimsy and Charm... Taking all things of the past into consideration.

Bella Luce specializes in a Recycled, Repurposed, Decoupaged, Collaged, Entourage of found objects and especially sought after home and lifestyle decor with particular Vintage Vavoom.

I don't like the word Antique, preferring instead to call my findings with a past, artistic treasures in the making...that are even more cre-artive the second time around. My work is a mixed media conglomeration in which I use tons of *Gobbledygook. I love WORDS ... so much of what I create is inspired by a *Hodgepodge of quotes from history, poetry, literature and signs that I have seen or things that people say. I carpetbag images of and the artwork of impressive muses of history, literature and music. I have shopped consignment, estate sales and Goodwill stores for years ... I picked up this habit honestly from Mother, grandmothers, and aunts (and even uncles). Most of my career I have worked in academic settings as a history teacher, and as a program manager for the Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites. I am a living history interpreter, gardener and herbalist, Wife, Mother, Grandmother. I dabble in writing, reading, cooking, daydreaming, and fantasizing about times and things of the past.

I cre-arte using various medias such as *Gobbledygook: door keys, old photos, heirloom china or silver bits, tiaras of all shapes and sizes, vintage dinnerware and plates, artificial birds, homegrown flowers, herbs and forest botanicals, salt and pepper shakers, apothecary or mason jars filled to the brim with buttons, ribbon, knick-knacks, old time pieces, tea towels and linens, tablecloths and napkins, lacy pillow cases, lunch boxes or picnic baskets, used books, baskets and bulbs, vintage photographs, mirrors, kitchen collectibles, shells, starfish, sea glass, small boxes and picture frames, ephemera, strands of pearls, brightly colored costume jewelry, postcards, glittering eye glasses, feathers, fur textiles ... *Hodgepodge: Beatrix Potter, Louisa May Alcott, Jane Austen, Joel Chandler Harris, James Whitcomb Riley, Madeline L'Engle, William Shakespeare, J.R.R. Tolkien, Mark Twain, Lucy Maude Montgomery, Amelia Earhart, William Morris, Jane Morris, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Queen Elizabeth I, William Henry Harrison, Anna Harrison, Thomas Jefferson... and the list goes on!"



To see more of LeAnn's Cre-artians come visit her booth on Saturday, from 10-3 at Chapman's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment