Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hope Ellington Designs


Hope Ellington has been showing at Art and Soul regularly. As a matter of fact Hope has been around since the start! 

Hope Ellington Designs is the official name of Hope's business. She started creating when she was a child and this love grew as she reached adulthood. As Hope's husband began to hunt more Hope realized she had time to enjoy her passion, creating. 

Hope loves to make many things, but currently her favorite is silver soldering. Along with her love of solder Hope brings a love of vintage rhinestones, wallpaper and memorabillia. Somehow she manages to create the most lovely pieces from bits and pieces that others would overlook. Many of her finds come from auctions, estate sales, flea markets, antique malls and Etsy. 

Her inspirations are derived from magazines, Pinterest, friends and blogs. 

Last year Hope was published in an E-zine. While it was a lot of work, it was also a lot of fun she tells us. Her next goal is to be published in a national magazine. . 

Hope says, "It never ceases to amaze me tht when I use my God given talents  that the beauty I create is my best work. I wake up each day with a renewed sense of inspiration ready to create more and more. It is like a domino line...tumbling down...always more and more to create. I really love that I am able to create on a daily basis and that I have a studio to work in that is inspiring and is a creative environment to to work in. I have such a wonderful supportive husband who honors and cherishes my work. Currently he is building me a barn for which to house my creative endeavors and those of my friends. We will have gatherings monthly and call them "Girlfriends on the Farm" where we can sell our wares and socialize and network amongst ourselves and the community. If this is something you are interested in, connect with us through my blog, or link to my blog, "Thoughts of Whimsy."


Be sure to stop in and see Hope's booth at the Fourth Annual Art and Soul, this Saturday, November 17, from 10-3 at Chapmans'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment